Monday 31 May 2010

Yucky Flu & No Escape from Byron Bay

Poor Den. As if having to put up with me for 24hrs a day wasn't bad enough, now she's been suffering from a heavy dose of the flu. As a result of which we ended up staying for 9 days in Byron Bay.

I'm guessing that half a day to look around the town, half a day to head up to the lighthouse and maybe a day on the beach followed by a day's surfing, and with evenings spent taking in the nightlife, 3 days would be the ideal amount of time to spend in Byron before moving on. 9 days is definately too long. Especially when it's mostly raining. By day 5 I knew where everything was in the local Woolworth's supermarket, I knew the names of the staff in the bakery, I could give directions to most shops in town when asked by tourists..... I was more local than some of the locals.

Luckily for me, Den summoned the will power to leave on the Friday and we had a short (30 mile) cycle North to a lovely small town called Pottsville. It's most lovely feature largely being that it wasn't Byron Bay. It was so nice in fact, that we spent the following day there too, before heading up to the Goldcoast and jumping on the train to Brisbane. Where we have another day off while we wait for the Tuesday morning train to power us to Rockhampton.

No comments:

Post a Comment