Thursday 29 April 2010

Campervan bliss.....

What can I say, campervans are fab, since leaving Auckland we have travelled miles and miles and miles, my bum does not hurt, my legs do not hurt, I am not exhausted by 3pm and just wanting to lie down and go to sleep. Having said that, it can get a bit boring, travelling for miles, getting out having a look at the sites then getting back in and carrying on. Its been good this week, it has made me realise that I do in fact like the achievement of cycling to a place of interest, it makes it all more worth while, humm..... best not let Rich read this post he may get ideas of going further than we need to.

We are on our way back down to Auckland to see Beks and Emma, they were fantastic and let us stay with them for 3 days while we checked out Auckland they have also been bike minding for us as the tandem was no way going to fit in the camper. Thank you both.

We have just two days left in NZ, it seems all very strange that it was nearly two months ago that we set off from Oxford on that cold March evening, its weird to think that we have been here for two months and have only scratched the surface of this amazing place. I will be sad to say goodbye, and a little apprehensive about what is to come as NZ was known to me, OZ is a whole new experience for both of us.... bring it on


If you want to see more photos of the trip go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/denandrich/ this is aswell as Richards account http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdtandem please have a look and a giggle......

No comments:

Post a Comment